Two more closer to the goal! These are number 16 & 17, so it’s still going to be awhile before I can present the entire group of 100…..but my aim is to complete them in early 2011….not too bad.
I also thought I’d show you the painting that was the original…so to speak. I completed this 11 X 14 about 2 years ago. I was never happy with it, particularly the trees and their overall shape. But everytime I went to change it, I hesitated completely removing the trees and starting again….which is what I should have done.
I’ve now come to just accept it as is. Time to move on. But you can see from the photo, that I used this painting as the basis of the 100 pastel challenge design. I added a layer of hills and reduced the size of the trees, in effect pulling back the point of reference as though looking from a greater distance.
As I showed in earlier posts, the first step after deciding the size and the time limit for working on each painting was to draw the main features knowing that part of the process would probably include changing some of the angles, etc. The main goal, of course, was to complete 100 completely different paintings, forcing me to choose colors that I wouldn’t normally use. It’s a great way to see how these choices work or don’t work. It’s been fun just doing the first 17, but it’s going to really be a push to come up with another 83 and make them all different.